Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Good Boys Get Good Treats

So I've learned that if I want a really good treat--the whole treat, not just part of it--I have to be a very good boy. Usually it involves tricks or obeying a command. Just now, I had the opportunity to do so. It's bed time, so I get a little treat when I go into my kennel. The problem is that my kennel is in my sister's room. She doesn't go to sleep right away, and I get upset and start barking. She started giving me a little piece of my treat and letting me lay down in my kennel while she cleaned or watched a movie. Then she'd give me the other piece when she was ready to go to sleep. Tonight, I got the WHOLE treat at one time because I patiently waited on the couch while she cleaned up the downstairs. She was so proud, and I was happy for a good treat! Lesson learned: Do what I'm told and get more treats.

2 comments:

  1. It's super hard to behave when there's food around, isn't it? My latest trick is catching the treat when my person throws it in the air. She shouts 'Goal!' when I do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's an awesome trick! My sister has tried that with me. She gets really excited when I catch it, but that doesn't happen very often.

      Delete